Saturday, February 25, 2012

What Faith Can Do...

I just wanted to share Mom's journal entry at the end of the day yesterday after she became so terribly angry with me for no reason I could fathom (see yesterday's post entitled, "Ouch..." below).  Immediately after the incident, when she ridiculed the look of shock on my face and I left the room without saying anything to her, she wrote, "Well, I just made an A_ _ of myself."  


She was depressed and, as she said, "discombobulated" for the rest of the day, despite my efforts to cheer her. 


After she went to bed I picked up her journal and read her final entry of the day:  


"I once was lost and now am found..." But I am never really lost, even on a 'blah' day, because the Lord is with me.  


Faith in God through Jesus Christ can bring peace even as memory fades, confusion threatens, and anger flares. I am so comforted by the Lord's presence with us on this journey, and so grateful that Mom knows Jesus as her Lord and Savior.

1 comment:

  1. I just read your 'ouch' post this morning and now this one. Even though I don't have a loved one suffering from memory loss, I have helped many with it. I've experienced some heart breaking accusations that were not even remotely true. Even though my head knew they were a result of a disease, it still got to my heart at times! You were so wise to let it go, wait and then bless her with a gift. Your Mother's journal entries are a treasure, such insight into her world.....a comfort to you, I'm sure!

    Blessings to you and your Mother!

    ReplyDelete