Thursday, July 14, 2022

Rest


 

I'm praying today to stay open to the Lord about the ways I choose to "get away from it all." I truly want to honor Him in everything I do. My time and labor belong to Him, my rest belongs to Him; it is the desire of my heart to abide with Him 100% of the time, not just during my daily devotion time...

We ebb and flow in everything.  Obedience is marred by times of closing our hearts to the Savior who died with us so that we can feel "free" to go our own way. The deception is that we can choose between our way and God's way, but that is a lie of the enemy. Our choice is always either to abide in God's strength or give way to the enemy's manipulations. God's power far transcends that of any other, but He allows puny humans to choose whether to submit to Him or not.  

When we belong to Him, God's mercy and grace cover us and He works to draw us back whether we are submitting and obeying or not. But do we really want to flirt with the power of the enemy, like a toddler who runs out into the middle of a busy street just because he's been told, "No?"  

Lord, we love You. Help us to honor You at work and at rest, in prayer and in play, Lord, help us honor You in everything we do and thank You for Your grace and love that cover us even when we stray. Keep us safe in You.  In Jesus' Name we pray, amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment