Tuesday, March 29, 2022

My Times Are in Your Hands

 

Fear has always been my biggest challenge. My life verse is Isaiah 41:10:  So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  

In Alzheimer's, my mother never expressed fear.  I often felt this odd and nearly unfair considering that during my formative years her fears for my welfare as her only child were so deeply instilled in me that I have struggled with fear my entire life. Mom, by contrast, relaxed into faith in the Lord.  Five years into her Alzheimer's journey she wrote these words into her journal, "It is sad that we humans so often view death with sadness and dread—the actuality is that it is a blessed doorway into God’s continual presence."  In the final years of her life, Mom was not bound even by fear of death.  

I pray to relax into trust that God means me good and not harm, and that my times are in His hands.  I won't make this transition in the same way my mom did; each of our journeys are uniquely planned by the God who created us and loves us. But today I affirm that I do trust You for my future, Lord, help me to trust You more...and deliver me from the fears that would overcome me but by Your grace and care.  Amen! 

<><

But I trust in you, Lord;

    I say, “You are my God.”

 My times are in your hands;

    deliver me from the hands of my enemies,

    from those who pursue me.

Psalm 31:14-15 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment