Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Metamorphosis

 


I have been feeling discouraged.  It seems to me that I fall far short of all God would like me to be.  I need to be kinder. I need to change my eating habits.  I need not to be so afraid, because God is with me, and I should not fear His will or doubt His protection.  

In prayer this morning, these thoughts came as from the Lord to me:  

Child, I do not tell a caterpillar that it needs to change. It is in the process of changing. It is unable to change faster, indeed, efforts to accelerate change ahead of the organism's natural timing are detrimental; the chrysalis must be left alone, not cut away.  

I was depressed over my sins and failures, and, feeling more like a slug than a caterpillar, I inquired of the Lord how one tells the difference between the two.  

The answer came gently: we tell the difference between a slug and a caterpillar by the end product.  A slug remains a slug, but a caterpillar transforms into a butterfly.  And there came the gentle assurance that both the Lord and I will be pleased with the transformation He is working in me.  

The Lord has put a vision in our hearts of what we will one day be; let's allow Him time to work the needed changes in us.  Meantime, let's not be hard on ourselves when we see that the transformation is not yet complete.  We each are a work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment