Monday, November 7, 2022

Beloved of God

 


In 2 Peter, Chapter 3, the apostle speaks of God's desire that salvation be offered to every sinner before this present world is brought to an end.  In light of this, Peter asks, "What kind of people ought you to be? (2 Peter 3:11).  Peter calls believers to live holy and Godly lives, because we are looking forward to a new creation, one where righteousness will dwell. 

This morning I thought about God's great love for us,  and how He softens every blow this sin-sick world delivers and makes us a way through. Peter's question came to mind in the context of this great, undeserved and merciful love God has shown us: what kind of people then ought we to be?  

Every life event should be undergirded with the calm assurance that we are loved. Every moment of our days ought to be met with the confidence that the Lord won't let us go. All of our lives are illuminated by the warmth of His great love, and we need to keep our eyes open to it.  

My granddaughter, age 7, decided to begin a gratitude journal this week and her mother said she has over 90 items on it so far.  I believe I'd best start a gratitude journal of my own.  I will begin my list with, "God's love."  

No comments:

Post a Comment