Thursday, November 24, 2022

Family Gatherings

 


Holidays bring family gatherings, and we have to pray hard not to bring more than a covered dish to the table.  If we aren't careful, past hurts and fear of future injustices taint our interactions with the people God has given us as companions for this earth journey.  A simple prayer goes a long way toward defusing the power that past hurts and fear hold over our hearts:  

Lord, I trust You. Thank You for forgiving my sins of the past and covering me by Your grace, so that even people who witnessed me acting sinfully are able to treat me in accordance with Your mercy. Now Lord, I forgive those who have sinned against me and entrust my well-being--past, present and future--into Your hands. Enable me to love as I've been loved, and forgive as I've been forgiven.  In Jesus' Name, amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment