Tuesday, November 29, 2022

The Lord Is the One Who Sustains Me

 


I wear orange-tinted glasses called "migraine glasses" when I am a home. When I am suffering chronic headaches, the glasses protect me from the trigger of bright light. But although they help prevent eyestrain, the glasses also adulterate my color perception.  Yellow looks pink, and green appears blue.  

This morning I carefully arranged a blue snowflake towel beneath the picture on my bathroom wall, which was (I thought) a similar shade of blue.  I stepped back to admire my work and suddenly remembered my tinted glasses.  Yikes!  Without the glasses, the picture was green and clashed with my pretty little towel!  I put my glasses back on and smiled to myself.  Through my tinted glasses things looked just fine.  

Later, during my devotions, I brought my health concerns to the Lord. Balancing needed medications is difficult, communication with doctors is a challenge, and I was upset.  The Lord answered my anxious thoughts with gentle direction to have faith in His ability to sustain my health.  I remembered my orange glasses.  Looking through them changed my perspective so that things appeared a lot more coordinated!  Faith acts similarly to help my perspective to be more positive.  

Oh--and that picture on my wall?  I'll insert a photo of it so you can see it too.  It says, "Faith!"  






No comments:

Post a Comment