Saturday, November 26, 2022

Rest in the Lord's Knowledge of the Situation

 


I really hate that I am prone to anxiety, and I don't think the Lord likes it either.  Various sources tell me that the Bible tells us not to be afraid or anxious over 100 times.  

Sometimes, we can't help it. When fear suffuses me it can be like a tide I can't swim against, and it is then I have to humble myself to ask friends to pray for me.  

Lord, help me to "fear not." But thank You so much for providing for me when I am afraid.  And thank You for praying friends.  Amen.  

<><

As a father has compassion on his children,

    so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;

for he knows how we are formed,

    he remembers that we are dust.

Psalm 103:13-14

<><

So do not fear, for I am with you;

    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you and help you;

    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10

1 comment: