Friday, June 28, 2013

Televised Interview

Thanks from the heart to those who prayed for me re my live TV interview--all four minutes of it--last Friday.  I was so frightened, but felt nudged by the Lord to face down this fear.  We stopped by a fast food restaurant to kill a bit of time before the interview, and when I went into the restroom to check my hair and makeup the song that was blaring through the speakers was "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger!"  I had to laugh.  I took this as a promise that the stress wasn't going to cause me to keel over (can't you just see it?  WIBW's Ralph Hipp dialing 911 for his first guest of the day...)

Here is the URL for WIBW's tape of the interview if you'd like to have a look at it:  http://www.wibw.com/video?videoid=2624080

I don't know what purposes the Lord has for this little foray into televised publicity, but I do have the peace of knowing I was obedient to do this thing that frightened me so.  I appear very calm on tape and actually, once I took my seat on that red couch, I miraculously was.  Not surprising considering I had quite a few folks praying for me. 

I am grateful!  

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful interview, Linda. Love how the LORD turns our sorrows into joy. I am going to buy The Chidlren Are Tender with my Barnes and Noble gift card.

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, how very sweet. You are a kind encourager. Hope you enjoy the book; as a fellow teacher I'm sure you will empathize. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, girl. You did very well and that is all any of us can do. I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete