Sunday, August 4, 2013

Gratitude for Forgiveness

Do I make my relationship with my mother sound idyllic?

Well, it isn't.  I get by every day on grace.

If you think the principles revealed through my writing are only for easy Alzheimer's patients and their Very Godly caregivers, think again.

I was going to record, to the best of my memory, a recent verbal exchange with my mother; one that would serve to convince you that there are times when I am not a good or kind caregiver.  But I felt a stop in my spirit; forgiven sin is removed as far as the east is from the west and we aren't to keep a record of wrongs, not even our own.  Suffice it to say that my words were not only rude, they were mean.  Good caregivers are not rude and mean.

I came to my prayer closet and opened a journal file.  Sighing, I began to think of how to word my confession...and instantly, before I had even placed my hands upon the keyboard or gathered my thoughts, the Lord touched my heart with these words:  "You are forgiven." 

I don't deserve forgiveness.  Doesn't matter.  Jesus loves me.  He forgives me.  He died for me and He lives for me.

He loves you.  He forgives you.  He died for you and He lives for you.

Aren't we blessed? 

No comments:

Post a Comment