Friday, June 28, 2019

When We Are Stressed...


Stress is a fact of a caregiver's life. 

The Fourth of July was my parents' holiday.  Dad always barbequed chicken and Mom would make the rest of the meal, consisting of summertime favorites; homemade potato salad, watermelon, baked beans, and some sort of berry or fruit pie with homemade ice cream for dessert.  I miss my parents during Fourth of July festivities more than any other time of the year.  To make matters more uncomfortable, responsibilities to other family members will keep me from visiting my mom this weekend as our little community celebrates the holiday a few days early. 

The Lord is with Mom, and the Lord is with me.  I remind myself that He is sufficient for our needs, that warm memories from the past do not preclude new memories being made, and the Lord is all we need in every present moment.  He is with us. 

1 comment:

  1. He Himself is all we need. Have a blessed Independence Day! I am pretty sure that your mom will, too because God is good, loving, and kind like that.

    ReplyDelete