Monday, January 2, 2023

Wait On the Lord


But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31


Everyone seems to have a "word of the year" nowadays.  I am aware of the trend, and have even selected a word for myself the past few  years, but I can't tell you now what those words were, or what I learned from them.  

This year, it appears the Lord has chosen for me.  

The word, "wait," has come to me in a number of ways: via Scripture, thoughts in response to prayer, and instruction when I seek the Lord's guidance.  There was a brief attempt on my part to joke with the Lord (was that "weight," or "wait?") but I finally decided to look up some Scripture references that are about waiting.  I thought to find a half dozen at most.  

At this writing, I have recorded about 100 Scripture references that have to do with waiting, and I'm sure there are more.  

We would prefer every stressful situation in our lives to resolve quickly but I think the Lord wants us to know that there are blessings in learning to wait on Him.  He's with us in the in-between places.  

Lord, please help us to honor You as we trust you in the waiting.  

Here's a link to an older song by Selah entitled "Hold On."  







 

No comments:

Post a Comment