Monday, July 18, 2022

All My Hope Is in Jesus

 


I inevitably start each day strong in resolution to honor the Lord in all I do, but weaken as the day wears on. My morning Scripture and devotion time see me through until about 3 pm, and I go downhill from there.  

The solution should be obvious: more of Jesus.  The Lord recently spoke to my daughter of the need to seek Him three times a day, and if I am going to make it through to bedtime without giving up my resolution to keep watchful and pray, I need to implement some sort of realignment strategy midday.  

How to do it, Lord? How to stay focused on You when the moment I leave my time of focused concentration in prayer, the cares of the world descend on my shoulders? At times this weight causes me to retreat into lethargy and at others it revs me to adrenalin pumping urgency. Is it mental focus, just a matter of breathing God in and refocusing?  Prayer?  Scripture? (Probably all three of these...) How to keep from letting my armor slip off my shoulders so that I retreat rather than advance as the day wears on? 

Strengthen us, Lord, we are weak. Help us to stay on our guard, in You. Enable us to obey you right through to bedtime today. Thy will be done in our thoughts, actions, and will, in Jesus' Name we pray, amen.   


No comments:

Post a Comment