Sunday, July 31, 2022

The O Word

 


It's so easy just to give up when we've struggled with some obedience issue over time. Sins of words (why can't I just be nice?), sins of wasting time (but I'm TI-red Lord!)...there's not room here to list all the sins against which I struggle. But in order to draw near to our Savior, to know more of His love, and to abide in the peace He left for us...we've gotta' keep working on obedience. Lord forgive us disobedience of the things we know You are asking us to do. Thank You for covering our sins with grace and forgiveness, and help us to do better. Help us to know more of Your love. Amen.

<><

"I f you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you" (John 15:10-14).

No comments:

Post a Comment